December 7, 2012

This One Walk



In a way this is an end. And in a way, it's a beginning. 

I've seen, heard, and felt things in my heart that I can't explain any other way.  Which, leads me to believe the idea that there is something bigger than me – bigger than this physical world we live in.  I think I’ve gotten to this point because I've been open to listening to my heart, to being curious, to being persistent, to being hopeful - and to being blessed and graced with a heart that is always seeking to know more.  And thus began this journey that includes:

God
Grace
Jesus
Community groups
Sunday services
Hope
...
and Questions
~~~

I’ve always wanted the evidence.  I’ve always wanted to know how... how do you know this is real?  How do you know God is real?  How?  Perhaps an example, a story, an image of how they knew.  After years of asking that to every believer I met, I've learned everyone's evidence is different.  

Which… can be rather frustrating…  but fun, too.  Everyone experiences God in their own way.    And seriously, you experiencing it for yourself is one of the coolest experiences ever.  Some people call it 'your testimony'.  And it's just that - yours.  It's personal.   Between you and God.   

Maybe this is just an introduction to spiritual things for you… maybe your first introduction to God, to Jesus, to Christianity. But I hope, hope with all of my heart, that you will give this a chance. Be curious, ask questions.  If there's that little itch in your heart to discover more, please follow up on it.  You might think of it like this... What do I have to loose?  But soon, you'll realize a paradigm shift in your thinking to … what do I have to gain, to discover, to live for? 

So this is my walk.  I’m writing thoughts and experiences down to help me get a handle on things.  And, I’m posting it so that, maybe, just maybe, you’ll be inspired along the way, too.  I'm certainly no expert - not even close.  I'm just one girl, who loves to write, to share, to see life, who gets excited about the future, the hope, the things still to learn.   This is my one, beautiful, walk. 

And, because God blessed us with music (-ly inclined artists)! J

No comments:

Post a Comment