May 30, 2013

trusting Grace

Almost as an answer to my previous post, trusting Grace swooped in Tuesday night.


Grace

That I was safely parked in a well-lit parking lot right next to the interstate service drive.
That it was still relatively early (and daylight) when I tried to start my car and... it wouldn't.
My parents are members of AAA and have a family membership.
Calling AAA was super easy and everyone on the phone made me feel at ease and well taken care of.
The Goodwill Store was still open so I could get some AC and use the bathroom.
Within 10 minutes, the first AAA guy shows up.
Super nice and tried everything he could to get my car stated.  
That I had a granola bar in my purse to munch on.
I had already picked out a repair shop close to my house to get my car serviced.
That my phone had enough battery to last the whole night.
Right as the last employee left (which would have made the parking lot totally empty..), the tow truck showed up - 10 minutes early. 
The tow truck guy knew what he was doing and got the job done without any hiccups.
Turned out my parents have AAA plus ... which meant I could tow my car to the repair shop 11 miles away without worrying about paying extra. 
That the cab I called on the way to the shop showed up 10 minutes early and waited patiently as we were finishing unloading the car from the tow truck.
A cab driver who was super nice and friendly and not creepy at all.  

Every step of the way, 
I really was never alone.

From the last Goodwill employee who took a smoke break before driving home - who bridged the gap between the time all the other employees left and the tow truck showed up.
To the cab driver who got to the shop 10 minutes before I scheduled the pickup, preventing me from having to wait alone in the parking lot.  

I really was never alone.

My baby getting loaded onto the AAA tow truck


~~~ 
Diagnosis: AC compressor was locked up preventing the serpentine belt from moving.  Hence, the AC not working, the funny smell, the weird noise, and, ultimately, the car not starting.  A pretty penny later... she should be ready for pick up this afternoon :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment