June 16, 2013

They Came Because They Love Me



they came because they love me.  

And,

Love, Does



We ate, 
and laughed, 
and walked, 
and learned,
and LAUGHED,
and shared,
and told,
and dreamed BIG.

We sat at the table,
laid on my bed,
crouched over the kitchen island,
curled up on the couch.

and she loves me
she doesn't make a big deal about it.
Heather, what weekend are you free?
and she sends this message
and a week later
i get the text 
We're almost here!
and then that blue car
is pulling in the driveway
with so much life in it.
Love. In action.

~~~

and she knows me
she doesn't have to ask the questions.
Are you sticking to the training plan to become a better swimmer?
she encourages me 
to follow through
to prepare 
to accomplish my dreams
because she loves me.

and she shares
and opens her heart
and we laugh and relate 
as she shows how she's grown 
to love, depend
on God

and we sit around the island
putting the pieces of LIFE together
slow, but sure,
making progress 
and backtracking some
but finally putting it together, together.


what can we do?
but 
love
invite
show up
be there
do
LOVE


<3 you girls :)





No comments:

Post a Comment