June 30, 2013

Divine Romance

And He Said:  Be here.  Be present.  Be you.  

I've been wondering, which direction do I go.  How do I spend my time.  And a lot of people I meet go out.  I ask 'em what their favorite part of Houston is.  And they go out, and drink, eat out, hang out in bars.   I smile, and laugh, and have fun but I KNOW.  There are so many people I could reach out to here, invest in.  I'm torn cause I can FEEL that God's grace and love is still knocking on their hearts and life. 
And I'm torn cause I wanna live differently.  I wanna wake up early and cook healthy stuff at home and I wanna go do stuff out there.  And in a way I feel like I'm leaving all those people out of my life.  Like I'm not joining them.   Like I'm lettin' them down.  
And yesterday at the pool, I met two people in my lane.  Two different people that I probably wouldn't have met otherwise.  And after, in the shower, I was blessed with this feeling.  Heather, I made you this way.  And I'm pumping the handle for the shampoo.  Heather, HERE, you can still make a difference.   I lather up my hair and stare down at my prune-y feet, so white against my brown flip flops.  Sure, a lot of people you meet in Houston may live a different lifestyle.  I press down on the quick dry swim suit spinner that makes a really loud sound.  But stay true.  I tie up my wet hair.  Just keep at it.  Keep trying. Be HERE.  I get all my stuff from the locker and walk out into the gym all squeaky clean.  Be YOU and Love ME and I will LEAD you.    And I head to my Aunt's house for dinner. 

God, chase me, want me, pursue me, get giddy, smile, make eyes sparkle, be bold, orchestrate this one life for your GOODNESS and GLORY.  
and I pray, every day, I'll do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment