March 21, 2014

What is a perfect church, anyways?

Im goina stop looking for a prefect church here in Houston. 


For the past year I've been going here, going there, looking. Judging the place asking myself, is this the perfect one for me? Does finding the perfect church define my spiritual centered-ness?

No! 

Church is a body of people. 

How often am I in Houston on a Sunday anyhow? 

So instead of pinning my hope and satisfaction and feeling of 'being home' on a physical church that people 'belong' to or 'go' to, I'm going embrace the church around me everyday. The Jesus believing and loving people in my everyday life. 

I'll still hop from church to church (for now) until I find one that feels most like home.  But my church will be the people around me. Seeing Jesus change their lives, lead them, grow them.  How cool is that. Seeing the Holy Spirit with us every day, in the community of friends and people all around us. 

Much love 
Always 
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment