October 3, 2015

Done

Done in putting my hope in people.

Done. 

Done.

Relationships and friendships can be tough.   I think a turning point in growing up is when you realize friendships require intentionality and work, especially when life gets hectic and you're on the go and before you know it a month has gone by.

Thankfully, people will still surprise you - in amazing and big and beautiful ways.  And it will be awesome.  You'll feel so loved and encouraged about the work you're doing as a team and the goodness in other people.  As I think about my most fulfilling, deep relationships - they are either those in which I have worked, invested, and dreamed of success and happiness with someone and worked hard to get there, or they are those with brothers and sisters who know Christ's promises and joy and have their ultimate focus on Him.  Those Christ-like relationships are quickly becoming those in which I lean on and connect with most.  

But then, your ultimate joy and self esteem and just plain peace in life can get ruffled ... slowly worn down over time or burnt out in a millisecond.  

People will always let you down.  Even the best of friends and best intentioned.  Heck, even you will let yourself down sometimes.  And not to mention, that horrible, sinking, guilty feeling when you know you've let someone else down.  

So I am DONE.  This has been a long time coming, but starting today, my focus has changed. 

And instead of being discouraged or upset and frustrated, I think this has just made me value God's ... everything ... so much more.  His giving of hope, life, truth, joy.  The one person that will never ever let you down even when you deserve every reason to not be forgiven or given a millionth chance or even loved at all.  I know I will never be let down when I seek His refuge, love, encouragement. 

I'm not done loving and encouraging people, but DONE putting my hope and happiness and peace in other peoples' hands.

Instead of turning away from people, I'm turning toward God in both the tough times and good times for the safety and wellbeing of my heart, my life, my purpose and mission on this earth.  

I am excited to see what peace and joy and calmness this renewed focus will bring.

As Pastor Gregg encouraged us in service today:

God - Here I am, send ME.  I am ready to get on your bus of Grace and let you drive.  I have no idea where we'll go, but I do know you are a faithful driver who is dreaming something bigger and better and more impactful than I could ever even imagine.

And, those who know me ... know that's gotta be big.  So, better rest up for this journey - it has been and it's goina be one heck of a ride <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment