March 6, 2016

Resilience

Lord.

I come to you. 

My cousin told me resilience is key throughout a long and successful career.  That advice is only now really starting to hit home. 

I don’t know what I’m working towards anymore.  Which, has hardly ever been the case (i.e. … graduation, end of semester, end of project, end of internship, etc.). 

Most immediately, I pray for my neighbors … the girls that live 20 feet down the hall and 2 floors right below me.  At such different points in life – in age, marital status, study, work life, and interests.  I pray for both of their livelihoods and security and fortitude to be the best women they can be.   Living under the same roof is a reminder of how wonderfully different but similar our lives can be.

I remember on several occasions a pastor or a teacher saying that Christian life can be harder once we become Believers than it was before.  That, too, is also only now starting to really hit home.  On the outside, my life is going perfectly.  There are people that I connect with on a deep level and consider to be strong friendships, I am very well provided for and live in a safe house with great neighbors.  I am healthy and my parents are healthy and excited to explore their next phase of life.  But the fire within me that burns for a deeper purpose than to have a good, comfortable, fun life here in the now and everyday leaves me constantly hungry to find and live out God’s ultimate plan. 

I don’t know what I’m working towards anymore.  Which, has hardly ever been the case. 

I pray for all the people and lives I get to come across and impact.  Thus far, I’ve had some amazing friendships that have given me such joy and enrichment and laughter. 
I recognize now people will come and go, even some groups of friends will come and slowly go and you don’t even really realize it at the time.  This makes me appreciate fully investing in someone’s life while they are in yours, because you don’t know when your paths may diverge or converge again. 

I don’t know what I’m working towards anymore.  Which, has hardly ever been the case.  I turn to God on the daily now, looking, seeking, asking for the fire within me to burn strongly and fiercely again.  To help me know me again and what I’m living for. 

God above all else.  My Lord, my Savior, my Father, my King.  I guess this is me having to truly learn to lay my life down in front of him and letting go of all my preconceived dreams and plans and paths to what my life and career should be like. 

My cousin told me resilience is key throughout a long and successful career.  I’m starting to think that also applies to life in general, and in walking with God. 


Persistence.  Resilience.  Always Heather <3




No comments:

Post a Comment