May 7, 2013

down?


Trying out new churches has been weird.  I’ve visited two pretty different churches, and I keep looking for You.  Each different worship environment and preacher feels like they’re talking about and praising a different version of You.  God, I’m still getting to know You, and I’m getting a little lost and confused … and you could say I’m having a bit of an identity crisis in relating the God I know you are in my heart with these different church … bodies. 

And, I feel really aloneeee.  (That was the echo in the room).  Every other move, I’ve had fellow students in my program I’ve instantly bonded with or people in internship programs that I’ve hung out with.  This is the first time I’ve moved for work (that still sounds weird and foreign and grown up..) and it feels like I’m starting life completely over.  And by life, I mean people.  You know, the peeps you eat with.  The peeps you do everything with.  The peeps you chill with, laugh with, live life with. 

The beauty is, even in down times.. in everything… You’re always teaching us something.  And that’s what helps take the sting out of being in that slump – knowing that somehow You’re going to come through and draw us closer to You and reveal Your Truth. 

Thanks for this chance to learn more and more that I need nothing but You.  That I don’t have to have a roommate, a boyfriend, close friends I can hang out with.  Even without these joyful, luxuries of life, I have a million and one things to be thankful for. The job so far is a more perfect match for me than I could have ever dreamed.  God… you really outdid yourself there.   The house is gorgeous and feeling more like home every day.  Memorial park is amazing.   Every day you give me a reason to think, Dang I’m a lucky girl.

I’m this one tiny little life, doing her thing here in Houston.  
Thank you God for your Time, Attention, Love, and Grace.  
~Psalm 27~
:) and <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment